PARK HILL CONGREGATIONAL UCC
Job Title: Education Associate
OPEN: Taking resumes
We are looking for an Education Associate to be a part of our vibrant, progressive and activist church. The Education Associate will serve as a teacher in the church’s Sunday morning children’s education program. The Associate will provide high-quality, interactive faith exploration in a classroom setting. The Associate will lead one of our two classrooms: Preschool through Second Grade or Third through Fifth Grades. The Associate will work with our Minister for Faith Formation to design and teach lessons that help children explore, develop, and deepen their faith.
This position supports the core values of PHCC by providing an inclusive, welcoming learning environment for children in which questions of faith are respectfully welcomed, children are strengthened and nurtured to love their neighbors through spiritual deepening and mission practice, and in which each child is nurtured and loved unconditionally.
Duties and responsibilities:
Prepare and teach Sunday School lessons using the church’s established curriculum.
Work with and integrate any church volunteers in the preparation and teaching of the lessons. Inventory, organize and identify materials needed for the above programming. Keep storage
Pay special attention to families with children and notify the Minister for Faith Formation if additional communication or services are needed to support the families.
• Be a person of faith, loving, creative, progressive in your understanding of God and your orientation toward the Bible.
• Commitment to and understanding of progressive, inclusive Christianity, or willingness to learn.
• 1-3 years experience in church or church-based programs for children and/or youth; if not, experience in an educational setting.
• Be responsible and responsive to children, their parents, and the Minister for Faith
• Be creative and enthusiastic.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Have a sense of humor.
• Be at least 18 years old. Preferred, but not required:
• Some education and/or training in Christian education.
• Strong understanding of the stages of child development.
Hours and Compensation: Sunday School takes place weekly during the worship service. Hours for the position will be from approximately 9:30-11:15 AM every Sunday. It is expected that the Education Associate will spend approximately 60 minutes each week preparing the lesson. Pay is $40 per week. The start date is flexible, but available immediately upon completion of a background check.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume (with references) to Jeremy Shaver, Minister for Faith
Formation at firstname.lastname@example.org.